In the previous articles, we have seen how to prepare a Christmas Cocktail, and a Christmas Appetizer.
How about preparing now a starter? A classical starter of the Spanish gastronomy, but with a hint of Canarian gastronomy for this creative Christmas recipe: Canarian Potato Omelette!
Watch the video of the recipe on our YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/9R9SozWlWu8
Here are the ingredients you will need for this Christmas Starter for 4 people:
- 2 siphons
- 1 frying pan
- 2 saucepans
- 1 thermomix
- 4 cocktail glasses
Ingredients for the sabayon:
- 380g pasteurized egg yolk
- 10ml water
- 10g flour
- 1g table salt
Ingredients for the potato mousse:
- 1l of potatoes cooking wáter
- 250ml liquid cream
- 180ml virgin olive oil
- Table salt
Ingredients for the poached onion
- 250g peeled onions
- 10g refined olive oil
- 10g table salt
HOW TO PREPARE THE CHRISTMAS STARTER
How to prepare the sabayon
1. Mix all the ingredients.
2. Pour into a siphon with one gas load.
3. Heat at bain-marie at a temperatura of 60º approximately.
How to prepare the potato mousse
1. Peel and cut the potato into dices.
2. Put them in a saucepan covered with water, and cook them.
3. While they are hot, strain them and put them into the Thermomix with their cooking water, the cream and the olive oil.
4. Strain the mix twice through a strainer and put 400g into a siphon with one gas load.
How to prepare the onion
1. Peel and cut the onions into thin stripes. Cut them in two to make them easier to eat.
2. Poach the onions in a frying pan with the olive oil. It has to be turn dark.
3. Add salt.
HOW TO PRESENT THE CHRISTMAS STARTER
1. Put the potato siphon into a bain-marie at a temperature of 60º.
2. In the lower part of the glasses, put a layer of poached onion and a spoonful of sabayon.
3. Cover with the potato mousse and add some olive oil.
See you in the next articles of “Make the perfect Christmas menu with our recipes!”